ROUTE 66 PROVES RECORD-SETTING METTLE ONCE AGAIN AS PINKS RUNS QUICKEST FIELD IN HISTORY
Route 66 Raceway®, which is known for its record-setting runs, now owns bragging rights to the quickest final 16 field in PINKS™ All Out history, with all cars running under eight seconds. It took four PINKS All Out seasons and 36 episodes to finally capture the quickest elimination field to date.
“It’s awesome to know we’ve made history in our first PINKS All Out event,” said Craig Rust, president of Route 66 Raceway. “Our drag staff works extremely hard to make sure we have one of the quickest facilities around, providing racers with the best conditions to go all out and make record setting runs on a consistent basis.”
Be sure to tune in to SPEED at 7 p.m. on Aug. 19, 2010 to see how things shake down on this episode of PINKS All Out at Route 66 Raceway. Check your local listings for updates.
Route 66 Raceway is the first True Stadium of drag racing. Founded in 1998 by nine local entrepreneurs, the NHRA-affiliated, quarter-mile drag strip is now fully owned and operated by the International Speedway Corporation and is sister track to Chicagoland Speedway®, a 1.5-mile, D-shaped tri-oval that annually plays host to the NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR® Nationwide Series and NASCAR® Camping World Truck Series, IZOD IndyCar® Series, Firestone Indy Lights® and ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX® and Menards® events. Route 66 Raceway annually hosts ET Bracket Series, NHRA Jr. Drag Racing, NHRA Lucas Oil Series and NHRA Full Throttle Series professional drag racing events. The Route 66 Raceway property also includes a half-mile dirt oval track.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10