WINNERS BATTLE THE ELEMENTS AT LUCAS OIL SERIES RACE
JOLIET, Ill. (June 14, 2010) – In the final results from Route 66 Raceway and the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, Jim Whiteley, Grand Junction, Colo., and Steve Harker, Gainesville, Ga., took home the wins in Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car respectively.
Whiteley worked his way through the field and ran 5.339 seconds at 266.85 mph in his final-round victory over Marty Thacker, Robinson, Ill., who clocked in at 5.415 seconds, 263.67 mph. Whiteley is coming off a big win last weekend at Route 66 Raceway at the NHRA JEGS Allstars and won earlier this year in Tucson, Ariz.
Harker faced off in a close race against Andy Bohl, Racine, Wis., and posted a winning run of 5.676 seconds, 253.80 mph in his '06 Monte Carlo. Bohl drove to a 5.678 second, 251.95 mph lap for his runner up finish. The win marks Harker's second of the year in three final-round appearances (won at the Lucas Oil divisional in Gainesville, Fla., and advanced to the final round in Bradenton, Fla.).
Other racers visiting the winner’s circle this weekend were Ray Vierheller, Barberton, Ohio, in Comp Eliminator; Ryan Haag, Memphis, Ind., in Super Stock; Leo Zynda, Clinton Twp, Mich., in Super Comp; Tommy Mattingly, Louisville, Ky., in Stock Eliminator; David Tatum, Palmetto, Ga., in Super Gas; and Craig Meyer, Kendallville, Ind., in Super Street. In the division’s Top Sportsman class it was John Scali, Chicago, taking the win while James Monroe, Bloomington, Ind., won in Top Dragster. Jeremy Hannen, Durand, Ill., took the win in Pro Stock Snowmobile.
North Central Division racers head to Mid Michigan Motorplex for the next NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event, July 10-11.
The following are the final results from the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at Route 66 Raceway:
TOP ALCOHOL DRAGSTER
4) Bill Reichert, Owosso, Mich., 5.457, 259.46 def. 5) Brandon Booher, Urbana, Ill., 5.484, 257.09;
2) Marty Thacker, Robinson, Ill., 5.487, 264.80 def. 7) Dave Hirata, Lowell, Ind., 5.615, 253.42;
3) Ken Perry, Richmond Hill, Ont., 5.418, 261.32 def. 6) Jared Dreher, Clinton, Ind., 5.546, 250.83;
1) Jim Whiteley, Grand Junction, Colo., 5.382, 266.79 def. 8) Dave Hill, Valparaiso, Ind., 5.744, 251.91;
Thacker, 5.426, 263.00 def. Perry, broke; Whiteley, 5.319, 267.91 def. Reichert, 15.439, 60.21;
Whiteley, 5.339, 266.85 def. Thacker, 5.414, 263.67
TOP ALCOHOL FUNNY CAR
1) Andy Bohl, Racine, Wis., '07 Mustang, 5.656, 255.00 def. 8) Fred Hagen Jr., Des Plaines, Ill., '10 Mustang, 6.020, 191.70;
2) Paul Gill, Brockton, Mass., '08 Mustang, 6.116, 181.64 def. 7) Don Devault, Kentland, Ind., '03 Camaro, 6.291, 228.50;
3) Steve Harker, Gainesville, Ga., '06 Monte Carlo, 5.647, 255.10 def. 6) Ray Drew, Hales Corner, Wis., '04 Firebird, 5.920, 210.28;
4) Brent Henry, Breckenridge, Colo., '09 Charger, 5.682, 256.02 def. 5) John Bojec, Chardon, Ohio, '10 Monte Carlo, 5.699, 256.65;
Bohl, 5.672, 253.47 def. Henry, 5.725, 253.66; Harker, 5.661, 253.47 def. Gill, broke
Harker, 5.676, 253.80 def. Bohl, 5.678, 251.95
Ray Vierheller, Barberton, Ohio, dragster, D/ED, 7.429, 177.32 def. Doug Warren, Carmi, Ill., Spitzer, A/DA, 6.585, 206.70.
Ryan Haag, Memphis, Ind., '67 Camaro, SS/EA, 9.708, 134.58 def. Brad Zaskowski, Belmont, Mich.,
'87 Camaro, GT/G, 10.081, 127.64.
Tommy Mattingly, Louisville, Ky., '96 Corvette, C/SA, 10.587, 124.73 def. Tim Mosbek, Andover,
Minn., '72 Demon, F/SA, 11.148, 114.58.
Leo Zynda, Clinton Twp, Mich., dragster, 8.913, 172.67 def. Chris Bishop, Grand Rapids, Minn., dragster, 8.894, 158.86.
David Tatum, Palmetto, Ga., '05 Cavalier, 9.938, 162.96 def. Rusty Cook, Cynthiana, Ky., '99
Corvette, 9.871, 166.66.
Craig Meyer, Kendallville, Ind., '62 Fury, 10.887, 136.33 def. Rick Shipp, Whiteland, Ind., '72
Nova, 10.843, 128.18.
John Scali, Chicago, Ill., '67 Camaro, 6.972, 194.41 def. Jerry Albert, Avon, Ohio, '97 Camaro,
James Monroe, Bloomington, Ind., dragster, 6.758, 187.39 def. Ray Miller, Spring Hill, Fla.,
dragster, 6.779, 197.02.
PRO STOCK SNOWMOBILE
Jeremy Hannen, Durand, Ill., '09 Ski Doo, 8.434, 151.63 def. Rich Daly, Union Springs, N.Y., '02 Ski
Doo, 10.435, 90.24.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10