ESTES, TRENCH WIN SECOND NHRA JR DRAG RACING LEAGUE RACE OF THE YEAR
Collin Estes (Modified Jr.) and Tori Trench (Sportsman Jr.) fought their way to the winners’ circle at the second NHRA Junior Drag Racing League event at Route 66 this year.
Trench, a legacy driver who made her own drag racing debut this year, drove her dragster to a 13.034-second finish at 48.63 mph on a 12.90 dial-in, with a .228 reaction time. Runner-up Paul Douglas recorded a 17.237 at 34.33 on a 17.25 dial.
“The best part of the day was winning,” said Trench, who said she “pounds it” (pounds fists with others on her team) for good luck.
Collin Estes, a six-year racer, ran an 8.628 at 68.77 mph on an 8.39 dial, but scorched the starting line with a .058 reaction time. Ashley Stagner finished second, posting a 9.466 at 69.22 on a 9.35 dial with a .236 reaction time.
Best Reaction time honors went to Veronica Roscoe in Modified Jr., and for the second time in a row to Bobby Bode in Sportsman Jr.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts to present 2015 Test and Tunes at Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY ANNOUNCES FULL 2015 DRAG STRIP SCHEDULE
- Hollywood Casino Joliet To Sponsor Inaugural Snocross Event At Route 66 Raceway!
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- BRUCE DAMEWOOD TO REPRESENT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY AT NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP