NEW JULY DATE MAKES NHRA FULL THROTTLE SERIES MIDSUMMER TREAT
The fastest motorsport in the world will arrive in Chicago a little late next year.
The United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals will be July 7-10, 2011 – right in the middle of the action for the NHRA’s marquee Full Throttle Series. It will be the last race before the famed Western Swing of Denver, Sonoma, Ca. and Seattle – a pivotal moment for teams preparing for the long final haul before the Countdown to the Championship playoffs begin.
“I am very happy it worked out so well and that we were able to work with NHRA to get this fantastic, midsummer date,” said Craig Rust, president, Chicagoland Speedway®/Route 66 Raceway®. “We will continue to work closely with the teams and the sanctioning body to bring fans the best drag racing at one of the fastest dragstrips in the country.”
This date was traditionally the NASCAR® Sprint Cup/Nationwide Series weekend. However, when Chicagoland Speedway, the 1.5-mile, D-shaped tri-oval sister track of Route 66 Raceway, was tapped as the kick-off location for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the mid-summer date freed up for NHRA.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts to present 2015 Test and Tunes at Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY ANNOUNCES FULL 2015 DRAG STRIP SCHEDULE
- Hollywood Casino Joliet To Sponsor Inaugural Snocross Event At Route 66 Raceway!
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- BRUCE DAMEWOOD TO REPRESENT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY AT NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP