NEW JULY DATE MAKES NHRA FULL THROTTLE SERIES MIDSUMMER TREAT
The fastest motorsport in the world will arrive in Chicago a little late next year.
The United Association Route 66 NHRA Nationals will be July 7-10, 2011 – right in the middle of the action for the NHRA’s marquee Full Throttle Series. It will be the last race before the famed Western Swing of Denver, Sonoma, Ca. and Seattle – a pivotal moment for teams preparing for the long final haul before the Countdown to the Championship playoffs begin.
“I am very happy it worked out so well and that we were able to work with NHRA to get this fantastic, midsummer date,” said Craig Rust, president, Chicagoland Speedway®/Route 66 Raceway®. “We will continue to work closely with the teams and the sanctioning body to bring fans the best drag racing at one of the fastest dragstrips in the country.”
This date was traditionally the NASCAR® Sprint Cup/Nationwide Series weekend. However, when Chicagoland Speedway, the 1.5-mile, D-shaped tri-oval sister track of Route 66 Raceway, was tapped as the kick-off location for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the mid-summer date freed up for NHRA.
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS