ROUTE 66 RACEWAY’S OWN JUSTIN FORD TAKES HOME PINKS All Out TITLE: CELEBRATES WITH VIEWING PARTY
It was a packed crowd August 19 when Justin Ford, his friends and family watched the local racer compete – and win – PINKS™ All Out at Route 66 Raceway® on SPEED at a local restaurant.
The episode filmed at Route 66 June 25-26, 2010 featured the quickest final 16 field in PINKS All Out history – with all cars running quicker than 8 seconds. The event was a first for Route 66.
Ford, who finished fourth in the Super Pro category of Route 66 Raceway’s ET Bracket Racing Series last season, carried home a grand total of $12,250 for his outstanding performance. Racers competed for a grand total of $19,000 in winnings.
For Ford, of Channahon, Ill., the television time and resulting attention have been equal parts surprising and welcomed. Surprising to have so many cameras around, he said. Welcomed, because the win is one more thing he can add to his portfolio for potential sponsors. It was also an achievement years in the making, he said.
“The car means the world to me,” Ford said. “It was always a family operation and something that not only myself, but the entire family have invested a lot of money in over the last 12 years or so. It is not only the car, but the sport of drag racing that I value. It has brought our family closer over the years and many friends have been made out at the race track.
“I really do not know what I would do without the car and without drag racing since it has been around and brought many great times throughout much of my life.
The top 16 finishers, including hometowns and winnings, were as follows:
1. Justin Ford, Channahon, Ill., $12,500 (1970 Chevy Chevelle)
2. Scott Hoffman, Joliet, Ill., $2,250 (1972 Chevy Camaro)
3. Chris Bakutis, Elwood, Ill., $1,250 (2007 Ford Mustang)
4. Gil La Feminina, Homer Glen, Ill., $1,250 (2003 Chevy S-10)
5. Scott Blazekovich, Minooka, Ill., $500 (1979 Chevy Camaro Z28)
6. Don Mateicka, Franksville, Wisc., $500 (1988 Ford Thunderbird)
7. Todd Berzowski, Pulaski, Wisc., $500 (1988 Chevy Camaro)
8. Rod Fuller, Road Holly, Mich., $500 (1963 Chevy Camaro)
9. John Schmitz, Chicago, Ill. (1970 Chevy Camaro)
10. Joseph Bunker, Muskegon, Mich. (1963 Chevy Nova)
11. Dave Kocher, Burr Ridge, Ill. (1970 Ford Maverick)
12. Pete Maddaleni, Lakemoor, Ill. (1981 Chevy Camaro)
13. Bryan Walker, Markham, Ill. (1998 Ford Mustang)
14. Robert Highland, Bolingbrook, Ill. (1993 Chevy Baretta)
15. Ralph Coglianese Jr., Oak Lawn, Ill. (1978 Chevy Camaro)
16. Ron Storey, Harvey, Ill. (1992 Ford Mustang)
Route 66 is proud to be in consideration for a 2011 PINKS All Out event.
“Everyone on the Route 66 staff congratulates Justin on his PINKS All Out victory,” said Craig Rust, President of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway. “We were excited to finally host this event and it just made it that much better to cap it off with a one of our own getting the win. And the money.”