ANCEL DOUBLES UP AT MONSTER MONEY
Dave Ancel scored a rare Monster Money double-up September 25-26, 2010 at Route 66 Raceway.
The 2010 Super Pro Track Champion from Morris, Ill. piloted his 2000 D’Arcy/McCoy’s Tire and Auto/Werden Buck Co. Chevrolet Camaro through the rounds both days, defeating Summit Racing Equipment North Central Division Finals teammate Bill Hurst on Saturday and Bruce Boyle on Sunday.
On Saturday, Ancel converted a .008 light to an 8.324-second run at 151.95 mph on an 8.16 dial-in to Hurst’s 9.430 on a 7.80 dial.
On Sunday, Boyle, the No. 1 qualifier, red-lit by one-thousandth of a second before driving to a 9.067 on a 9.07 dial. Ancel ran an 8.163 on that 8.16 dial at 166.33 mph.
Ancel spent 20 hours on his car to get it ready for the weekend.
“It all paid off,” said Ancel, who credited wife Gina and daughters Darcy, 7, and Jordan, 5, for the motivation that kept him working.
In Pro, Fred Bartoli Jr. logged a .006 light, then drove his 1988 PerformAIRE Weather Stations Chevrolet to a 10.153 at 119.92 on a 10.07 dial in the final round to defeat Robert Casagrande’s 10.065 at 129.95 on a 10.02 dial on Saturday.
Sunday’s winner, Gerald “Smooth” Scruggs cruised to a win when opponent Herman Zehnder broke out. Scruggs drove his 1986 Ford Mustang to a 10.730 at 128.35 on a 10.72 dial. Zehnder recorded a 10.045 on his 10.11 dial at 129.14.
“I prayed all day today,” Scruggs said.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10