OUT WITH THE OLD...RACING SURFACE
Construction trucks are rolling at Route 66 Raceway®, where a number of spruce-up projects are on the docket for completion before winter arrives at Chicago’s premier quarter-mile track.
The racing surface has already been demolished to make way for 200 more feet of concrete – extending the concrete surface to 700 feet from the starting line. Two coats of asphalt sealant will be applied to speed up the drying process toward the top end of the track and a permanent wall will replace a temporary wall on the right side of the track in the shut down area.
The initiatives are a further example of the track’s commitment to maintaining a facility that ranks among the best drag strips in the nation.
Route 66 Raceway’s ET Bracket Racing Series resumes in Spring 2011. The NHRA Full Throttle Series returns at a new date next season – July 7-10, 2011.
June 4, 2011: Double-header: Chicagoland ARCA 150; NASCAR® Nationwide 300 (under the Lights).
July 7-10, 2011: Route 66 NHRA Nationals (NHRA Full Throttle Series).
Sept. 16-18, 2011: The Chase Starts Here: NASCAR® Sprint Cup; Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series.
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY RECOGNIZES JOLIET FIRE AND POLICE DEPARTMENTS IN TRIBUTE TO FIRST RESPONDERS
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY’S MOST EXPLOSIVE NIGHT OF DRAG RACING RETURNS JUNE 3
- TORC RETURNS FOR CHICAGOLAND SLAM AT THE DIRT OVAL AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC RETURNS AS TITLE SPONSOR OF ROUTE 66 CLASSIC
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Named Business Leader Of The Year