OUT WITH THE OLD...RACING SURFACE
Construction trucks are rolling at Route 66 Raceway®, where a number of spruce-up projects are on the docket for completion before winter arrives at Chicago’s premier quarter-mile track.
The racing surface has already been demolished to make way for 200 more feet of concrete – extending the concrete surface to 700 feet from the starting line. Two coats of asphalt sealant will be applied to speed up the drying process toward the top end of the track and a permanent wall will replace a temporary wall on the right side of the track in the shut down area.
The initiatives are a further example of the track’s commitment to maintaining a facility that ranks among the best drag strips in the nation.
Route 66 Raceway’s ET Bracket Racing Series resumes in Spring 2011. The NHRA Full Throttle Series returns at a new date next season – July 7-10, 2011.
June 4, 2011: Double-header: Chicagoland ARCA 150; NASCAR® Nationwide 300 (under the Lights).
July 7-10, 2011: Route 66 NHRA Nationals (NHRA Full Throttle Series).
Sept. 16-18, 2011: The Chase Starts Here: NASCAR® Sprint Cup; Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic