CHICAGO AUTO SHOW GOES SUPERCHARGED
Racing fans at the Chicago Auto Show were treated to two supercharged autograph sessions with professional Top Fuel and Nitro Funny Car drivers at the Route 66 Raceway display.
With the Justin Schriefer driven, Creasy Family Racing Nitro Funny Car serving as the backdrop, NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series stars Tony Schumacher, T.J. Zizzo, Dale Creasy, Jr. and Justin Schriefer signed autographs, posed for photos and shared stories with countless race fans during the nation’s largest and longest running new car show. A definite preview of the many exciting things to come at Route 66 Raceway in the 2011 race season, the Chicago Auto Show was the perfect place to both surprise die-hard fans with seven-time NHRA world champion Tony Schumacher’s presence and introduce newcomers to the driver accessibility of NHRA Drag Racing. During the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals, every ticket is a pit pass to see the cars up close, meet the racers and watch the on-track action. Route 66 Raceway captured all three of these critical elements. Fans were entertained by action packed drag racing videos on the LCD Television, snapped photos of the sleek and exceptionally detailed nitro funny car and met the racers.
The stars of the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series will take to Route 66 Raceway, July 7-10 during O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals. New for 2011 will be two nights of professional night qualifying under the lights with professional competition on Sunday. Tickets go on-sale Saturday, March 26.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic