ANNOUNCING ROUTE 66 RACEWAY'S NEWEST BLOCKBUSTER, BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN!
Joliet, Ill. (March 24, 2011) - This summer’s blockbuster race, the Burndown at Sundown!SM hits Route 66 Raceway’s drag strip Saturday night, June 11, for a night of intense drag racing action that will be one to remember. True to it’s title, the Burndown at Sundown!SM is drag racing at it’s loudest and most on-the-edge. Feel the ground-pounding thunder of fire breathing jet dragsters and jet funny cars. Witness the awesome power of Top Alcohol Funny Cars and Nitro Injected Dragsters, speeding over 260 miles per hour. Marvel at the world’s wildest wheel-stander, as the Wheelie Wagon carries its front wheels on the brink of control. Relive drag racing’s rich history, with old school match races between legendary drag cars. A special heads-up race for the Spitzer Race Cars Top Dragster Fast Four Shootout and the Top Sportsman Fast Four Shootout championship will also headline the night’s racing action.
The Burndown at Sundown! SM will coincide with the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series. Geared towards serious sportsman drag racers, the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series draws the finest sportsman competitors from throughout the country to divisional and national level races. The Burndown at Sundown! SM will supplement what is already an outstanding race, with the crowd favorite wheel-stander, match racing and jet cars.
Tickets to the Burndown at Sundown!SM go on-sale Saturday, March 26. To order tickets, visit www.route66raceway.com or call (888) 629-RACE. Adult tickets are only $20 and kids 12 and under get in free, when accompanied by a paying adult. So when you’re asked, “where were you during the Burndown at Sundown!”SM proudly say you watched from the edge of your seat at Route 66 Raceway.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10