WORK CONTINUES ON ROUTE 66 RACEWAY'S NEW RACING SURFACE
Joliet, Ill. (March 25, 2011) - As the season draws nearer, so does the completion of Route 66 Raceway’s new racing surface. The newly added two-hundred feet of concrete and one-thousand feet of asphalt are currently being ground flat for a smooth race track. From there, the freshly ground surface will be polished to give the dragstrip a consistent texture to withstand the vigor of a 7,000 horsepower Top Fuel dragster.
After weeks of extensive track prep, Route 66 Raceway’s new surface is scheduled to first see action during the season opening Saturday, April 16, Test & Tune. The first Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race is scheduled for Sunday, May 1. Route 66 Raceway’s entire race schedule can be found online in the Race Guide.
Route 66 Raceway tickets are on-sale now. Please call (888) 629-RACE or visit www.route66raceway.com to order tickets. The O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals is July 7-10 and the Route 66 Raceway Burndown at Sundown! is Saturday night, June 11.
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY