WORK CONTINUES ON ROUTE 66 RACEWAY'S NEW RACING SURFACE
Joliet, Ill. (March 25, 2011) - As the season draws nearer, so does the completion of Route 66 Raceway’s new racing surface. The newly added two-hundred feet of concrete and one-thousand feet of asphalt are currently being ground flat for a smooth race track. From there, the freshly ground surface will be polished to give the dragstrip a consistent texture to withstand the vigor of a 7,000 horsepower Top Fuel dragster.
After weeks of extensive track prep, Route 66 Raceway’s new surface is scheduled to first see action during the season opening Saturday, April 16, Test & Tune. The first Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race is scheduled for Sunday, May 1. Route 66 Raceway’s entire race schedule can be found online in the Race Guide.
Route 66 Raceway tickets are on-sale now. Please call (888) 629-RACE or visit www.route66raceway.com to order tickets. The O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals is July 7-10 and the Route 66 Raceway Burndown at Sundown! is Saturday night, June 11.
- TORC RETURNS FOR CHICAGOLAND SLAM AT THE DIRT OVAL AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC RETURNS AS TITLE SPONSOR OF ROUTE 66 CLASSIC
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Named Business Leader Of The Year
- GET READY FOR 20TH ANNUAL NHRA ROUTE 66 NATIONALS JULY 6-9, 2017
- Route 66 Raceway Announces Jam-Packed Schedule For 2017 Season