2011 SEASON GETS THE GREEN LIGHT
With the flip of a switch, Route 66 Raceway opened the 2011 season with a Test & Tune on Saturday, April 23. Despite less than ideal weather forecasts on the Easter holiday weekend, the racers came out in force and the Route 66 Raceway drag staff was not willing to disappoint. An almost solid week of rain leading up to the event posed a challenge as the track crew worked feverishly to prep the rain washed surface. Route 66 Raceway’s reputation for safety was not to be compromised as a delayed start was necessary to ensure the track’s careful preparation. Due to a number of set backs from earlier rain and persistent winds, the Test & Tune was shortened to the half-track 1/8-mile. Doing so, we were able to get the Test & Tune in safely and allow our racers an opportunity to give their cars a “shake down” before the upcoming Test & Tune scheduled for Saturday, April 30. The Rockett Brand ET Bracket Series is scheduled to begin Sunday, May 1.
With the introduction of our newest spectator event, the Burndown at Sundown (Saturday, June 11) to the new race dates for the Nitto Tire NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing presented by Miller Welders (June 23-26) and the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals (July 7-10), the 2011 season will be an exciting experience for fans and racers alike. Tickets are on-sale now for the Burndown at Sundown and the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals. The Team Demolition Association will again return for five Tournament of Destruction demolition derbies, once each month, May through September. Call (888) 629-RACE or visit Route66Raceway.com to order your tickets now.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10