FINAL PREPARATIONS FOR WHAT WILL BE AN EXCITING SEASON
With hopes of opening the 2011 race season on Saturday, April 16, the staff at Route 66 Raceway worked feverishly to prepare for opening day that was ultimately thwarted by inclement weather. The freshly resurfaced, ground and polished track was fully prepared and ready to see action. A vividly white centerline stripe was just professionally painted on Wednesday with the orange timing blocks being placed shortly thereafter. Route 66 Raceway’s season opener is now scheduled for the Saturday, April 23, Test & Tune.
The “all hands on deck” approach leading up to this weekend can be said for the season as a whole. With the introduction of our newest spectator event, the Burndown at Sundown (Saturday, June 11) to the new race dates for the Nitto Tire NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing present by Miller Welders (June 23-26) and the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals (July 7-10), the 2011 season will be an exciting experience for fans and racers alike. Tickets are on-sale now for the Burndown at Sundown and the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals. Team Demolition Association will again return for five Tournament of Destruction demolition derbies, once each month, May through September. Call (888) 629-RACE or visit www.Route66Raceway.com to order your tickets now.
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY