GARLITS TO RACE AT O'REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS, JULY 7-10
Drag racing pioneer, “Big Daddy” Don Garlits, will not only be the honorary legend during the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals in July, but he will also be racing. Driving his Drag Pak Dodge Challenger, Garlits will compete in the NHRA Stock Eliminator category. He is not taking his venture into sportsman competition lightly. Garlits recently made the ESPN2 highlight reel after defeating former NHRA Stock Eliminator world champion and fellow NHRA Top 50 driver Edmond Richardson in competition at the Four Wide Nationals this past weekend. When not wrenching or racing, Garlits will be a part of exciting fan appearances over the course of the July 7-10 race weekend.
Tickets are on sale now for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals. Call (888) 629-RACE or order your tickets online today. Buy your tickets on or before June 9, 2011 to enjoy our exclusive 60th Anniversary Racing Legends Reunion Starting Line Party at Route 66 Raceway.
The Starting Line Party is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, June 9, 2011. To celebrate the NHRA’s 60th Anniversary, Route 66 Raceway is hosting this special fan appreciation night. We will honor drag racing’s legends and recognize the current talent that fuels the NHRA today. Admission to the Starting Line Party is exclusive to O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals ticket buyers only. Driver appearances are to be announced soon.
Photo compliments of NHRA/National Dragster
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS