THIS WEEKEND AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY - MAY 7, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011 - 5:40pm
Using an .017 average reaction time throughout eliminations, Mike Murray drove his 1980 Monza to the Top Sportsman race win and points lead over runner-up Bill Rotz.
Round one of Top Sportsman qualifying is complete. The 296 MPH jet dragster that just ran in our Test & Tune is a nice preview of the Burndown at Sundown coming to Route 66 Raceway on Saturday night, June 11. Buy your tickets before May 16, 2011 for your free Burndown event t-shirt! Limited availability, sizes may vary.
Cars are racing down the dragstrip and Top Sportsman is being called to the staging lanes.
The sun has worked it's way from behind the clouds and track dragging is well underway. A nice showing of Top Sportsman cars are in the pits for their season opening Midwest Top Sportsman race. Steve Spiess is also in the pits, presumabely here to test his Pro Stocker. Street cars are on their way to the staging lanes. Hope to see you out here!
Rain rolled through overnight and early this morning and track drying efforts are currently underway. The clouds are not promising but the radar tells another story. The gates are open and we are making every effort to get the Test & Tune and Midwest Top Sportsman racing in today. Please stay tuned into Route66Raceway.com.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic