BURNDOWN COUNTDOWN: 10 Reasons You Cannot Miss the Burndown at Sundown on Saturday, June 11 - Reason 1
Reason 1 of 10: Blast from the Past
Relive the good ol’ days with this nostalgia match-up.
Shake, Rattle & Run 1957 Chevy: With over fifty-years of racing history, the legendary Shake, Rattle & Run ’57 Chevy Bel Air is a drag racing icon. From indoor drag racing in the Chicago Amphitheatre during the early 1960s and the iconic U.S. 30 Dragstrip to the Route 66 Raceway Burndown at Sundown in 2011 – Shake, Rattle & Run is the epitomy of detail and performance. True to its legend, the candy red Chevy wows the show car tour in the cold Midwest winners and drops jaws on the quarter-mile come summertime.
“Animal” Jim’s Mercury Zephyr: Perhaps drag racing’s most colorful personality, “Animal” Jim Feurer and the mammoth Mercury he affectionately calls “Zeke” will tear down Route 66 Raceway’s dragstrip during the Burndown at Sundown. Celebrating over forty-years of professional drag racing, Animal is a 6-time World Champion drag racer and early pioneer of Pro Modified drag racing. A match racing icon, “Animal” Jim has campaigned his legendary Zephyr since 1979.
For more information on the Burndown at Sundown or to purchase tickets, visit www.route66raceway.com/burndown or call (888) 629-RACE.
Top 10 Reasons
Reason 1 of 10: Blast from the Past!
Reason 2 of 10: Nitro at the Burndown!
Reason 3 of 10: Wheels-up!
Reason 4 of 10: Fast Four!
Reason 5 of 10: Top Alcohol!
Reason 6 of 10: Six Jets!
Reason 7 of 10: Pro Stock Tribute!
Reason 8 of 10: 400+ Racers Kick-off the 2012 Jeg’s All-Stars
Reason 9 of 10: Pro Stock Snowmobile!
Reason 10 of 10: Tickets only $20 and Kids FREE!
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY