TRENCH SCORES SECOND OF SEASON, MEDEISIS WINS MODIFIED
Joliet, Ill. – June 20, 2011 – After a fierce afternoon of Junior Dragster competition, Tori Trench and Nichole Medeisis proudly held the hardware in the Route 66 Raceway winner’s circle. After only two races, the Junior Dragster points battle is already taking shape.
Trench drove to her second consecutive win in the Sportsman category and has taken a strong lead in the season point standings over race Runner-Up, Samantha Senko. Trench used a better reaction time to overcome Senko in a double-breakout final round. Senko is currently tied for second along with defending series champion, Bobby Bode.
Consistent reaction times and flawless finish-line driving lead Nichole Medeisis to the Modified race win. En route to victory, Medeisis had to overcome Meghan Hurley in the final round as well as brother, Cody Medeisis, in a sibling rivalry semi-final round. Nichole Medeisis’s five-round victory has propelled her to second in the Modified season point standings, only a mere two points behind current leader, Troy Lensing.
Best Reaction Time honors went to Randy Adler Jr. and Nichole Medeisis in the Sportsman and Modified classes, respectively.
Junior Dragsters return for the special Jr. Drag Racing League Challenge at Route 66 Raceway on Saturday, July 16.
Current Top Five Point Standings Following Race 2 of 5
- O'Reilly Auto Parts to present 2015 Test and Tunes at Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY ANNOUNCES FULL 2015 DRAG STRIP SCHEDULE
- Hollywood Casino Joliet To Sponsor Inaugural Snocross Event At Route 66 Raceway!
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- BRUCE DAMEWOOD TO REPRESENT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY AT NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP