TRENCH SCORES SECOND OF SEASON, MEDEISIS WINS MODIFIED
Joliet, Ill. – June 20, 2011 – After a fierce afternoon of Junior Dragster competition, Tori Trench and Nichole Medeisis proudly held the hardware in the Route 66 Raceway winner’s circle. After only two races, the Junior Dragster points battle is already taking shape.
Trench drove to her second consecutive win in the Sportsman category and has taken a strong lead in the season point standings over race Runner-Up, Samantha Senko. Trench used a better reaction time to overcome Senko in a double-breakout final round. Senko is currently tied for second along with defending series champion, Bobby Bode.
Consistent reaction times and flawless finish-line driving lead Nichole Medeisis to the Modified race win. En route to victory, Medeisis had to overcome Meghan Hurley in the final round as well as brother, Cody Medeisis, in a sibling rivalry semi-final round. Nichole Medeisis’s five-round victory has propelled her to second in the Modified season point standings, only a mere two points behind current leader, Troy Lensing.
Best Reaction Time honors went to Randy Adler Jr. and Nichole Medeisis in the Sportsman and Modified classes, respectively.
Junior Dragsters return for the special Jr. Drag Racing League Challenge at Route 66 Raceway on Saturday, July 16.
Current Top Five Point Standings Following Race 2 of 5
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic