Walk with “Big Daddy” Don Garlits on Sunday, July 10
Every Sunday ticket to the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals qualifies that ticket holder to walk Route 66 Raceway’s dragstrip with drag racing legend, “Big Daddy” Don Garlits. This rare opportunity lets you, the race fan, be part of the NHRA’s 60th Anniversary celebration. Always a trend setter, Garlits’ greatest achievement may very well have been pioneering the rear-engine dragster that soon took the sport by storm. Still competing today, Garlits actively races in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series stock eliminator category – a class he will participate in during the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals.
But There’s More!
After you’ve reached the finish line, make a sharp u-turn and return to the starting line to take part in Championship Sunday Pre-Race Ceremonies! Any Sunday ticket to the Nationals grants you front and center pre-race access – an added value that most sports either don’t allow or charge a premium for. A track walk with Don Garlits and pre-race access all for the price of your Sunday ticket!
When & Where
Line up in Staging Lanes 9:45 AM
Track Walk Introduction (NHRA’s Alan Reinhart) 10:00 AM
Track Walk (Garlits & Reinhart) 10:15 – 10:30 AM
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10:25 – 11:00 AM
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10