Walk with “Big Daddy” Don Garlits on Sunday, July 10
Every Sunday ticket to the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals qualifies that ticket holder to walk Route 66 Raceway’s dragstrip with drag racing legend, “Big Daddy” Don Garlits. This rare opportunity lets you, the race fan, be part of the NHRA’s 60th Anniversary celebration. Always a trend setter, Garlits’ greatest achievement may very well have been pioneering the rear-engine dragster that soon took the sport by storm. Still competing today, Garlits actively races in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series stock eliminator category – a class he will participate in during the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals.
But There’s More!
After you’ve reached the finish line, make a sharp u-turn and return to the starting line to take part in Championship Sunday Pre-Race Ceremonies! Any Sunday ticket to the Nationals grants you front and center pre-race access – an added value that most sports either don’t allow or charge a premium for. A track walk with Don Garlits and pre-race access all for the price of your Sunday ticket!
When & Where
Line up in Staging Lanes 9:45 AM
Track Walk Introduction (NHRA’s Alan Reinhart) 10:00 AM
Track Walk (Garlits & Reinhart) 10:15 – 10:30 AM
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10:25 – 11:00 AM
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY RECOGNIZES JOLIET FIRE AND POLICE DEPARTMENTS IN TRIBUTE TO FIRST RESPONDERS
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY’S MOST EXPLOSIVE NIGHT OF DRAG RACING RETURNS JUNE 3
- TORC RETURNS FOR CHICAGOLAND SLAM AT THE DIRT OVAL AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC RETURNS AS TITLE SPONSOR OF ROUTE 66 CLASSIC
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Named Business Leader Of The Year