Walk with “Big Daddy” Don Garlits on Sunday, July 10
Every Sunday ticket to the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals qualifies that ticket holder to walk Route 66 Raceway’s dragstrip with drag racing legend, “Big Daddy” Don Garlits. This rare opportunity lets you, the race fan, be part of the NHRA’s 60th Anniversary celebration. Always a trend setter, Garlits’ greatest achievement may very well have been pioneering the rear-engine dragster that soon took the sport by storm. Still competing today, Garlits actively races in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series stock eliminator category – a class he will participate in during the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals.
But There’s More!
After you’ve reached the finish line, make a sharp u-turn and return to the starting line to take part in Championship Sunday Pre-Race Ceremonies! Any Sunday ticket to the Nationals grants you front and center pre-race access – an added value that most sports either don’t allow or charge a premium for. A track walk with Don Garlits and pre-race access all for the price of your Sunday ticket!
When & Where
Line up in Staging Lanes 9:45 AM
Track Walk Introduction (NHRA’s Alan Reinhart) 10:00 AM
Track Walk (Garlits & Reinhart) 10:15 – 10:30 AM
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10:25 – 11:00 AM
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS