Walk with “Big Daddy” Don Garlits on Sunday, July 10
Every Sunday ticket to the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals qualifies that ticket holder to walk Route 66 Raceway’s dragstrip with drag racing legend, “Big Daddy” Don Garlits. This rare opportunity lets you, the race fan, be part of the NHRA’s 60th Anniversary celebration. Always a trend setter, Garlits’ greatest achievement may very well have been pioneering the rear-engine dragster that soon took the sport by storm. Still competing today, Garlits actively races in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series stock eliminator category – a class he will participate in during the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals.
But There’s More!
After you’ve reached the finish line, make a sharp u-turn and return to the starting line to take part in Championship Sunday Pre-Race Ceremonies! Any Sunday ticket to the Nationals grants you front and center pre-race access – an added value that most sports either don’t allow or charge a premium for. A track walk with Don Garlits and pre-race access all for the price of your Sunday ticket!
When & Where
Line up in Staging Lanes 9:45 AM
Track Walk Introduction (NHRA’s Alan Reinhart) 10:00 AM
Track Walk (Garlits & Reinhart) 10:15 – 10:30 AM
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10:25 – 11:00 AM
- O'Reilly Auto Parts to present 2015 Test and Tunes at Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY ANNOUNCES FULL 2015 DRAG STRIP SCHEDULE
- Hollywood Casino Joliet To Sponsor Inaugural Snocross Event At Route 66 Raceway!
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- BRUCE DAMEWOOD TO REPRESENT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY AT NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP