HEADRICK, TANNER TAKE HOME THE WALLYS
Route 66 Raceway’s Junior Dragster drivers competed in high stakes competition during the Jr. Drag Racing League Challenge on Saturday, July 16. With this being the last race before the young races head to Bristol, Tennessee for the Eastern Conference Finals, every driver was on their A-game preparing the Eastern Conference Finals while also trying to win the special Jr Drag Racing League Challenge miniature Wally.
In the Modified category, Ashley Headrick of Custer Park, Ill. used a slim .006-second starting line advantage to hold off the quicker but losing Mason Marino at the finish line stripe. Overcoming some hard luck early in the season, Headrick’s win launched her to fifth (101) in season point standings, trailing season leader Nichole Medeisis (181 points), Troy Lensing (170), Mason Marino (118) and Meghan Hurley (102).
In a close final round match up, Alexis Tanner claimed the Sportsman win over Tori Trench. Trench, who was in her third consecutive final round of 2011 had a slim starting line advantage with an .043 light to Tanner’s .051. Trench could not hold off the quicker Tanner who narrowly snuck by Trench at the finish line and was the proud recipient of the Jr. Drag Racing League Challenge Wally. The final round finish extended Trench’s point lead over defending series champion Bobby Bode as well as Samantha Senko, and Darcy Ancel with Tanner, making her first appearance at Route 66 Raceway in 2011 holding the fifth spot.
The Junior Drag Racing League returns to Route 66 Raceway on Saturday, August 6 for the forth of their five race series.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic