Race Fans & Car Enthusiasts Welcome to Watch the Supercar Reunion – Friday, July 29
July 20, 2011 – Joliet, Ill. – The iconic supercars of the 1960s and 70s will take to Route 66 Raceway’s quarter-mile for the Supercar Reunion on Friday, July 29. The distinguished and rare name plates of Yenko, COPO, Motion and Nickey, among others, will be both on display and on-track for an exciting day of drag racing. All race fans and car enthusiasts are welcome to catch the action for free. That’s right – admission and parking is free.
The high-performance and limited production of such supercars as the Yenko have made them highly sought after collector cars. Over forty-years since their production and the cars carry as much swagger today as they did in the early ‘70s. Historically drawing big bucks at high-profile car auctions, the elusive American made supercars of the muscle car era are a rare breed of cars – equal parts go and show.
Now is your opportunity to go beyond the velvet rope lifestyle of car shows that such cars are commonly confined to and watch as the proud owners of these domestic wonders burn some rubber and run through the gears in high winding, drag racing action. Enjoy this day of rare drag racing on us, at Route 66 Raceway.
Route 66 Raceway is in Joliet, Illinois, located three-miles South of I-80 on Route 53 (historic Route 66).
Gate 11 off of Route 53 will open at 8:00 AM.
Drag racing will be on-track from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS