Route 66 Classic: Relive Drag Racing’s Glory Days Friday Night, August 12
July 20, 2011 – Joliet, Ill. – Like a trip back in time, the Route 66 Classic is a themed Test & Tune that will feature all makes, models and years with a special emphasis on the nostalgic. From the drag racing to the cruise-in car corral, the Route 66 Classic will be a full bore, quarter-mile trip down memory lane.
The Test & Tune style Route 66 Classic puts the racer in the spotlight for a fun & enjoyable evening of drag racing. The non-competition based format gives way to a relaxing evening of tire roasting. Because the event is an open Test & Tune, any year, make or model of car is encouraged to participate – after all these are their good ‘ol days too! All 1972 and older cars will be paired together in specific staging lanes to insure the vintage sheet metal is racing side-by-side.
Want to cruise-in with your hot rod but not run on the dragstrip? All 1972 & older cars are invited into our preferred parking, cruise-in car corral on the asphalt behind the grandstands. Park with other like-minded hot rodders and only be a short stroll from the main drag.
· Gates will open around 4:00 PM with time trials from 5-10:00 PM.
· All participants and spectators will enter Gate 11, off of Route 53 (Historic Route 66).
· Racer and spectator admission is $15. Ages 12 & younger are FREE.
· A run card to race your car down the dragstrip is $25 for the evening.
- New Tailgate Parking Available for 2014 O'Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals
- Route 66 Raceway Announces 2014 Test and Tune Themes
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway 2014 Fan Advisory Council Is Here
- Route 66 Raceway and Joliet Township High School Announce Third Annual Curriculum Partnership
- 2014 Season Car Blessing