BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN JUNE 2012
Kick off the 2012 drag racing season with Burndown at Sundown! & the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series at Route 66 Raceway, June 8-10
Joliet, Ill. – November 11, 2011 – Route 66 Raceway is excited to announce the return of the Burndown at Sundown! featuring the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series to Route 66 Raceway’s quarter-mile drag strip, June 8-10, 2012. Taking place under the lights on Saturday, June 9, 2012, the Burndown at Sundown! will feature jet cars howling with fire, flames and heat.
“Burndown at Sundown! features intense and thrilling drag racing, and is a terrific event to kick off our 2012 season at Route 66 Raceway,” said Scott Paddock, Route 66 Raceway president. “Seeing jet cars howl down the drag strip at nearly 300 mph will be a spectacular site to see, hear and smell. The inaugural running of the Burndown at Sundown last year was a hit with our fans and they’ll be even more impressed with what we have in store for them in 2012.”
Also taking place over the three day event weekend is the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series – a regional touring series featuring over 400 of sportsman drag racing’s elite.
The 2012 NHRA schedule of events at Route 66 Raceway is as follows:
June 8-June 10 Burndown at Sundown & NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series
June 28- July 1 O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries
The complete Route 66 Raceway Dragstrip and Dirt Oval 2012 schedule of events will be announced at a later date.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic