NMRA AND NMCA RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2012
The Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing takes over Route 66 Raceway, July 12-15, 2012
Joliet, Ill. – November 23, 2012 – Route 66 Raceway is revved up and ready to welcome back the National Mustang Racers Association (NMRA) and National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) for the seventh consecutive year, July 12- 15 for the best domestic muscle car event to hit the Midwest.
The NMRA and NMCA returns to Route 66 Raceway for three days of the most competitive racing for the ultimate gear heads. The Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing showcases the best of the NMRA and NMCA. On top of the monumental street legal drag racing, the weekend features a car show, swap meet, manufacturer’s midway and much more. Join the thousands of fans from all over the country as they congregate together in one of the most famous drag racing stadiums in history.
Announced 2012 schedule of events at Route 66 Raceway is as follows:
June 8-10 Burndown at Sundown & NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series
June 28-July 1 O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries
July 12-15 NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic