Vote Route 66 Raceway for 2011 Dragstrip of the Year
Voting is underway for CompetitionPlus.com's annual "Dot Com Awards" and Route 66 Raceway is in the running for the coveted Dragstrip of the Year award. Voting ends on January 4, 2012.
Route 66 Raceway has enjoyed an exciting 2011 season. From the introduction of "Two Nights of Nitro" at the O'Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries to the birth of the Burndown at Sundown!, Starting Line Party and Route 66 Classic, we have enjoyed creating new events and enhancing our existing events for our loyal race fans. Our Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series racing was every bit as exciting with season highlights including a three-way battle for the Pro ET track championship that came down to the three remaining semi-finalists at the season finale to a Lyon's family sweep in Sportsman and Highschool, scoring two wins and a runner-up in one evening.
We hope you have enjoyed the 2011 season. We are working to deliver an even more exciting 2012 and thank you, our loyal race fans and racers, for your support.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic