Fast Dragster Class & “Car Chix at 66” to Highlight Route 66 Raceway Activities on Saturday, June 2
New to Route 66 Raceway, a “Fast Dragster” category will be contested on Saturday, June 2. Identically mirroring the NHRA rules for Top Dragster, Fast Dragster will instead allow a maximum 7.99-second dial-in elapse time as opposed to the traditional 7.70-second dial-in ET. The quarter-mile class will qualify drivers based on elapse time for an all-run field. Laddered pairings are determined in qualifying and begin in round one using a sportsman ladder. All cars must meet NHRA rules requirements for speed and elapse time. The entry fee is $100 with 85% of all entries being distributed to the final four cars in competition.
Making their first appearance at Route 66 Raceway, Car Chix will hold “Car Chix at 66,” an all-ladies bracket race. All participants must purchase a Test & Tune run card for $25. An additional $10 entry fee will be paid directly to Car Chix to enter the “Char Chix at 66” bracket race. Categories include Pro (11.49 & quicker) and Street (11.50 & slower). Christmas tree will be a 0.500-second Full Tree. No Box. No motorcycles or junior dragsters. All cars must pass NHRA technical inspection. Click here for more information.
The June 2 race date will provide a rare opportunity for racers to get dialed-in for the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and Burndown at Sundown! event that comes to Route 66 Raceway one week later. Both Top Sportsman and Midwest Super Comp make their second visit on June 2. A Test & Tune will also be part of the day’s program.
Participants are invited to stay for the Sunday, June 3 Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race.
For more information, please call (815) 722-5500.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10