Route 66 Raceway Offers Fans the Opportunity to Name New Diesel Drag Race Event
Joliet, Ill. – March 29, 2012 – Beginning on Thursday, March 29, fans can enter a contest to name Route 66 Raceway’s new all-diesel drag race for a chance to win VIP access to the event. The winner will be named Honorary Grand Marshall, watch the event from the presidential suite and receive an all-access tour of Route 66 Raceway. Entries can be submitted HERE and a winner will be chosen on Monday, April 9.
“We pride ourselves on listening to our fans and their suggestions throughout the year, and what better way to demonstrate that than by asking them to help name our newest event,” said Scott Paddock, Route 66 Raceway president. “This new all-diesel event further demonstrates the commitment to bringing our fans action packed excitement at one of the country’s premier drag racing venues, Route 66 Raceway.”
The all-diesel event will be held on Saturday, August 4, and feature everything from the world’s fastest diesel dragster reaching speeds of over 200 MPH to diesel pickup trucks – if it has a diesel engine it has a home at this race. The event will also be open to racers of all experience levels, from beginners taking Fun Runs to Top Diesel Professionals. Fans can wander the manufactures midway, enjoy the touch-a-truck activities and even display their vehicles in the Show n’ Shine.
Tickets are available for just $20 and children 12 and younger are admitted for FREE. To purchase tickets for the Route 66 Raceway Diesel event, or any of the other 2012 Route 66 Raceway events, visit www.Route66Raceway.com or call 888-629-RACE (7223).
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR EVENT NAME
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic