Route 66 Raceway Announces Driver Appearances for Second Annual "Starting Line Party"
The ultimate pre-season fan event will include seven-time NHRA Top Fuel Champion Tony Schumacher and ESPN Anchor John Kernan
Joliet, Ill. – April 24, 2012 – Route 66 Raceway will once again welcome race fans to the second annual Starting Line Party on Thursday, May 24, which will include appearances by seven-time NHRA Top Fuel Champion Tony Schumacher, Top Fuel driver TJ Zizzo, Funny Car driver Bob Bode and ESPN Anchor/Reporter John Kernan.
The exclusive event will give race fans unprecedented access to the drag strip ahead of the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals, which begin on June 28. In addition to driver appearances, fans will also have an opportunity to go through tech inspection and race their personal vehicles down the track to capture the full race day experience. Guests interested in seeing the track at a slower speed can also participate in a track walk.
“Without fans, the great sport of NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing would not exist,” said Lincolnshire, Ill. native Zizzo. “I look forward to having a great time with all the fans at Route 66 Raceway this May. Who knows, I may even line up my everyday grocery getter next to you on the line!”
The Starting Line Party, held from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., is exclusive to those who purchase tickets for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals by May 1st. For tickets to the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals, or any of the other 2012 Route 66 Raceway events, Click Here or call 888-629-RACE (7223).
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10