Jenkins Captures First Career Midwest Super Comp Win; Test & Tune Showcases a Wide Variety
In the opening race of the Midwest Super Comp season, Gary Jenkins collected the first Midwest Super Comp race of his career. Enduring five rounds of competition, Jenkins ousted Chad Lamont in the final round of competition. Using a slight starting line advantage, Jenkins' 0.018-second reaction time to Lamont's respectable 0.020 propeled him ahead and he never looked back, deviating only 0.009-second from the 8.90-index to Lamont's 8.921-second elapse time. Jenkins jokingly credited his relaxed demeanor and "what ever happens" approach to the day for his success.
Still early in the season, todays Test & Tune showcased a wide assortment of drag racing. From the triple-turbo diesel dragster piloted by Marty Thacker to Outlaw Super Stock cars, drag bikes, street cars and more - diversity best describes the days racing. A complete photo gallery of the day's activities can be found on Route 66 Raceway's Facebook page.
The next Test & Tune is scheduled for Saturday, April 12. The day will also be the opening race for Route 66 Raceway's Top Sportsman series.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic