Qualifying Matters in NHRA Drag Racing; "Two Nights of Nitro"
While the winners are crowned on Championship Sunday, qualifying should never be dismissed in NHRA drag racing. Simply put – qualifying matters. Regardless if a star driver won last weekend or if a legendary driver has 15-championships to his credit, no racer is guaranteed a starting position on Championship Sunday. Upwards of twenty Top Fuel Dragsters, Nitro Funny Cars, Pro Stock Cars and Pro Stock Motorcycles will vie for a coveted position among the top 16 qualifiers who do battle on Sunday.
“Two Nights of Nitro” on Friday AND Saturday night encompass a total of four qualifying rounds for each of the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series categories. Pro qualifying begins at 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM both Friday and Saturday. Each night will be capped off with a special finale. Fan favorite, fire breathing jet dragsters will delight fans at the close of Friday night while the Chi-Town Hustler Nostalgia Funny Car will send fans on a quarter-mile trip down memory lane on Saturday night.
Tickets for this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries are available by calling 888-629-RACE (7223) or CLICK HERE. The Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway ticket office will be open until 7:00 PM this week for your on-site ticket buying convenience. Tickets will also be available at the gate on race day.
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY