Qualifying Matters in NHRA Drag Racing; "Two Nights of Nitro"
While the winners are crowned on Championship Sunday, qualifying should never be dismissed in NHRA drag racing. Simply put – qualifying matters. Regardless if a star driver won last weekend or if a legendary driver has 15-championships to his credit, no racer is guaranteed a starting position on Championship Sunday. Upwards of twenty Top Fuel Dragsters, Nitro Funny Cars, Pro Stock Cars and Pro Stock Motorcycles will vie for a coveted position among the top 16 qualifiers who do battle on Sunday.
“Two Nights of Nitro” on Friday AND Saturday night encompass a total of four qualifying rounds for each of the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series categories. Pro qualifying begins at 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM both Friday and Saturday. Each night will be capped off with a special finale. Fan favorite, fire breathing jet dragsters will delight fans at the close of Friday night while the Chi-Town Hustler Nostalgia Funny Car will send fans on a quarter-mile trip down memory lane on Saturday night.
Tickets for this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries are available by calling 888-629-RACE (7223) or CLICK HERE. The Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway ticket office will be open until 7:00 PM this week for your on-site ticket buying convenience. Tickets will also be available at the gate on race day.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic