Schumacher, Zizzo to Provide Hometown Flavor to Championship Sunday Track Walk
Before strapping into their dragsters and racing at speeds over 300 miles per hour, Chicago natives Tony Schumacher and TJ Zizzo will walk the famed Route 66 Raceway dragstrip with race fans.
For the second consecutive year a track walk will precede pre-race ceremonies on Championship Sunday of the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals on July 1. The track walk is available to all Sunday ticket buyers. Fans are asked to line-up in lane one of the staging lanes at 9:30 AM while the walk begins at 10:00 AM. The walk will be hosted by longtime NHRA announcer, Alan Reinhart. Different from last year’s track walk, fans will not walk the entire length of the track but instead turnaround on-track and return to the starting line for front row access to driver introductions. Following driver introductions and moments before the singing of the National Anthem, “Joliet” Jake and Elwood will take to the trackside stage and entertain fans with the classic sounds of the Blues Brothers.
Tickets are still available for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries, June 28 – July 1. New for 2012, fans will enjoy FREE general parking on Championship Sunday only. VIP parking has already sold out for Friday, Saturday & Sunday. For tickets, call 888-629-RACE or Click Here. The Route 66 Raceway & Chicagoland Speedway Ticket Office will be open until 7:00 PM Monday – Friday for your ticket buying convenience.
Track walk and pre-race ceremonies are subject to change. Weather, track conditions and scheduling can all impact or cancel track walk and pre-race activities.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic