Snap-on Funny Car to honor wounded warriors in Chicago
For the second year in a row at the O'Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries, Cruz Pedregon’s Snap-on Funny Car will feature a special paint scheme in recognition of the Wounded Warrior Project, an organization dedicated to helping wounded veterans returning home from Afghanistan and Iraq.
“It is an honor and privilege to drive the Snap-on Funny Car on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project and host these great men and women during race weekend,” said Pedregon. “Last year, we had a tremendous group of warriors at the race, and the whole Snap-on Funny Car team had a great time with them. We are excited to be hosting another group this year, and we hope to bring home a victory in recognition of these true American heroes.”
The wounded warriors, who will be guests of Snap-on and Pedregon, will be treated to an exciting weekend of racing and hospitality. Several special activities are planned for the wounded warriors at this year’s race both in the pit area as well as at the starting line.
“On behalf of all Snap-on franchisees and associates, it is an honor to host these great American servicemen and -women at the Chicago NHRA race,” said Yvette Morrison, vice president of marketing, Snap-on Tools Group. “Since its founding, Snap-on has a long, proud history of supporting our armed services, and based on the unforgettable weekend last year, we know this will be another memorable event. We hope the unique design on the Snap-on Funny Car helps raise awareness of the important mission of the Wounded Warrior Project.”
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic