Snap-on Funny Car to honor wounded warriors in Chicago
For the second year in a row at the O'Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries, Cruz Pedregon’s Snap-on Funny Car will feature a special paint scheme in recognition of the Wounded Warrior Project, an organization dedicated to helping wounded veterans returning home from Afghanistan and Iraq.
“It is an honor and privilege to drive the Snap-on Funny Car on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project and host these great men and women during race weekend,” said Pedregon. “Last year, we had a tremendous group of warriors at the race, and the whole Snap-on Funny Car team had a great time with them. We are excited to be hosting another group this year, and we hope to bring home a victory in recognition of these true American heroes.”
The wounded warriors, who will be guests of Snap-on and Pedregon, will be treated to an exciting weekend of racing and hospitality. Several special activities are planned for the wounded warriors at this year’s race both in the pit area as well as at the starting line.
“On behalf of all Snap-on franchisees and associates, it is an honor to host these great American servicemen and -women at the Chicago NHRA race,” said Yvette Morrison, vice president of marketing, Snap-on Tools Group. “Since its founding, Snap-on has a long, proud history of supporting our armed services, and based on the unforgettable weekend last year, we know this will be another memorable event. We hope the unique design on the Snap-on Funny Car helps raise awareness of the important mission of the Wounded Warrior Project.”
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10