Friday Night Test & Tune Cancelled for Excessive Heat; Saturday ET Bracket Race Remains on as Scheduled
An Excessive Heat Warning has forced the cancelation of the Friday, July 6 Test & Tune. The Saturday, July 7 Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race will still be contested as originally scheduled.
Friday will see the heat index in excess of 107 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the day and into the evening. Cooling stations will be available on Saturday for racers and crew to escape the heat between rounds. Water misters will be setup below the grandstands and guests are welcome to enter the first floor Media Room (near Race Control), Suite 207 and Suite 208 for air conditioning. Racers are encouraged to plan accordingly for the heat and to drink plenty of fluids.
Saturday’s race is the special NHRA National Dragster Challenge that will award a coveted “Wally” to each race winner in the Super Pro, Pro ET, Pro Bike, Sportsman, High School & Top Sportsman categories.
Enter Gate 11, from Route 53 (historic Route 66).
Gates Open 9:00 AM
Tech Opens 9:00 AM
Time Trials Begin 9:30 AM
Eliminations immediately follow time trials
*Times and schedule subject to change
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10
- Full 2016 Schedule Announced For Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY RECEIVES 2015 NMCA TRACK OF THE YEAR AWARD