Friday Night Test & Tune Cancelled for Excessive Heat; Saturday ET Bracket Race Remains on as Scheduled
An Excessive Heat Warning has forced the cancelation of the Friday, July 6 Test & Tune. The Saturday, July 7 Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race will still be contested as originally scheduled.
Friday will see the heat index in excess of 107 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the day and into the evening. Cooling stations will be available on Saturday for racers and crew to escape the heat between rounds. Water misters will be setup below the grandstands and guests are welcome to enter the first floor Media Room (near Race Control), Suite 207 and Suite 208 for air conditioning. Racers are encouraged to plan accordingly for the heat and to drink plenty of fluids.
Saturday’s race is the special NHRA National Dragster Challenge that will award a coveted “Wally” to each race winner in the Super Pro, Pro ET, Pro Bike, Sportsman, High School & Top Sportsman categories.
Enter Gate 11, from Route 53 (historic Route 66).
Gates Open 9:00 AM
Tech Opens 9:00 AM
Time Trials Begin 9:30 AM
Eliminations immediately follow time trials
*Times and schedule subject to change
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS