Friday Night Test & Tune Cancelled for Excessive Heat; Saturday ET Bracket Race Remains on as Scheduled
An Excessive Heat Warning has forced the cancelation of the Friday, July 6 Test & Tune. The Saturday, July 7 Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race will still be contested as originally scheduled.
Friday will see the heat index in excess of 107 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the day and into the evening. Cooling stations will be available on Saturday for racers and crew to escape the heat between rounds. Water misters will be setup below the grandstands and guests are welcome to enter the first floor Media Room (near Race Control), Suite 207 and Suite 208 for air conditioning. Racers are encouraged to plan accordingly for the heat and to drink plenty of fluids.
Saturday’s race is the special NHRA National Dragster Challenge that will award a coveted “Wally” to each race winner in the Super Pro, Pro ET, Pro Bike, Sportsman, High School & Top Sportsman categories.
Enter Gate 11, from Route 53 (historic Route 66).
Gates Open 9:00 AM
Tech Opens 9:00 AM
Time Trials Begin 9:30 AM
Eliminations immediately follow time trials
*Times and schedule subject to change
- O'Reilly Auto Parts to present 2015 Test and Tunes at Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY ANNOUNCES FULL 2015 DRAG STRIP SCHEDULE
- Hollywood Casino Joliet To Sponsor Inaugural Snocross Event At Route 66 Raceway!
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- BRUCE DAMEWOOD TO REPRESENT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY AT NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP