Friday Night Test & Tune Cancelled for Excessive Heat; Saturday ET Bracket Race Remains on as Scheduled
An Excessive Heat Warning has forced the cancelation of the Friday, July 6 Test & Tune. The Saturday, July 7 Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race will still be contested as originally scheduled.
Friday will see the heat index in excess of 107 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the day and into the evening. Cooling stations will be available on Saturday for racers and crew to escape the heat between rounds. Water misters will be setup below the grandstands and guests are welcome to enter the first floor Media Room (near Race Control), Suite 207 and Suite 208 for air conditioning. Racers are encouraged to plan accordingly for the heat and to drink plenty of fluids.
Saturday’s race is the special NHRA National Dragster Challenge that will award a coveted “Wally” to each race winner in the Super Pro, Pro ET, Pro Bike, Sportsman, High School & Top Sportsman categories.
Enter Gate 11, from Route 53 (historic Route 66).
Gates Open 9:00 AM
Tech Opens 9:00 AM
Time Trials Begin 9:30 AM
Eliminations immediately follow time trials
*Times and schedule subject to change
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY