Loeschen Wins Race, Captures Sportsman Title; Trench Clinches Modified Championship
Hometown racer Brandon Loeschen of Joliet, Illinois captured the Junior Dragster Sportsman Track Championship at the season ending Junior Dragster race at Route 66 Raceway. Loeschen won the title in style, collecting the race win over Ryan Campbell who narrowly fouled with a -.004 reaction time. Campbell's runner-up finish propelled him to a Top 5 finish in season point standings.
For the second time in as many years a member of the Trench family will claim top honors to a Junior Dragster Track Championship, this time going to Todd Trench Jr in the Modified category. Multiple final round appearances and one race win gave Trench a comfortable lead in the standings heading into the season ending race. John Stagner made every effort to catch Trench in the race for the championship by scoring the final race win over veteran junior dragster driver Miranda Zeller. Zeller, who was making her final appearance in a junior dragster, knew the final round would be here last in a junior dragster. Triggering the redlight, Zeller's foul start gave Stagner the race win, allowing him to inch closer to Trench in the standings but still have to settle for a runner-up finish in the standings.
- Papa John’s Signs Three-Year Agreement to Serve as Official Pizza of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway
- NHRA LEGENDS TO CONVERGE AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC ROUTE 66 CLASSIC TO FEATURE WILL COUNTY VS. GRUNDY COUNTY GRUDGE MATCHES
- 2016 TEST & TUNE SEASON KICKS OFF AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- SNAKE AND MONGOOSE TO ATTEND ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY JULY 8-10