Loeschen Wins Race, Captures Sportsman Title; Trench Clinches Modified Championship
Hometown racer Brandon Loeschen of Joliet, Illinois captured the Junior Dragster Sportsman Track Championship at the season ending Junior Dragster race at Route 66 Raceway. Loeschen won the title in style, collecting the race win over Ryan Campbell who narrowly fouled with a -.004 reaction time. Campbell's runner-up finish propelled him to a Top 5 finish in season point standings.
For the second time in as many years a member of the Trench family will claim top honors to a Junior Dragster Track Championship, this time going to Todd Trench Jr in the Modified category. Multiple final round appearances and one race win gave Trench a comfortable lead in the standings heading into the season ending race. John Stagner made every effort to catch Trench in the race for the championship by scoring the final race win over veteran junior dragster driver Miranda Zeller. Zeller, who was making her final appearance in a junior dragster, knew the final round would be here last in a junior dragster. Triggering the redlight, Zeller's foul start gave Stagner the race win, allowing him to inch closer to Trench in the standings but still have to settle for a runner-up finish in the standings.
- TORC RETURNS FOR CHICAGOLAND SLAM AT THE DIRT OVAL AT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
- D'ARCY BUICK GMC RETURNS AS TITLE SPONSOR OF ROUTE 66 CLASSIC
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Named Business Leader Of The Year
- GET READY FOR 20TH ANNUAL NHRA ROUTE 66 NATIONALS JULY 6-9, 2017
- Route 66 Raceway Announces Jam-Packed Schedule For 2017 Season