Weather Conditions Cancel Season Ending ET Bracket Race, Test & Tune
A cold front has produced mid-November-level temperatures, far below normal. High temperatures are expected to peak near 52 degrees with a breezy northwest wind producing conditions not conducive for track prep to the standard our racers have come to expect. Subsequently, Saturday’s season ending Test & Tune with the rescheduled ET Bracket Race have been canceled, drawing the season to an unfortunate close. We make this decision in advance out of courtesy to our patrons who would otherwise be inconvenienced by a long tow before an inevitable cancelation.
From excessive heat during the drought to an unseasonably cold autumn, extreme weather has been beyond our control this season. Despite the challenges, 2012 delivered many memorable moments.
>> A Look Back at a Memorable Season of Racing at Route 66 Raceway
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic