Dave Granger Receives the Don "Pinky" Cobbs Memorial Award
Dave Granger, a SFI Technical inspector at Route 66 Raceway was presented the Don “Pinky” Cobbs Memorial Award at the annual North Central Division Tech and Safety Seminar which was held Saturday, Dec. 8, during the International Motorsports Industry Show at the Indiana Convention Center.
Granger is the seventh recipient of the award and second inspector from Route 66 Raceway to receive the award named in honor of Don “Pinky” Cobbs. Cobbs passed away near the end of the 2005 racing season after more than 30 years of service as a member of the Division Certification Team.
Dorothy Cobbs also made a $150 donation to D.R.A.W. (Drag Racing Association of Women) for the Don “Pinky” Cobbs Memorial Award in addition to the presentation to Granger.
Granger joins fellow Route 66 Raceway Drag Staff member Keith Drecksler as a special award recipient in 2012. Drecksler was awarded the ServiceMaster Clean Extra Mile Award during the GEICO 400 at Chicagoland Speedway.
|Division Tech Director Ritch Bowers presented Dave Granger with the 2012 Don "Pinky" Cobbs Memorial Award during the annual North Central Division Tech and Safety Seminar conducted at the IMIS Show. Kevin Pepera photo.|
Past Award Winners
2012 Dave Granger
2011 Bill Floyd
2010 David Luken
2009 Steve Jung
2008 Travis Miller
2007 Bill Protz
2006 Ron Mack
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS