Champions Celebrate Their Moment in the Spotlight
Drag racers live for "that moment." That moment when the driver suits up for the big round. That moment when the driver pulls the belts tight and takes a deep breath. That moment when the engine fires and the world outside the cockpit vanishes. That moment when the win light illuminates and tireless hours of preparation culminate in a moment of near perfection.
Months later, in the unlikely confines of a chandelier lit banquet hall, those same drag racers celebrate another "moment." Dial-ins, fire suits and race cars give way to camaraderie. Each driver takes the stage and earns their moment in the spotlight. The champions take a moment to reflect on their story book season. Their friends, family and fellow competitors share in the moment and celebrate each other's success.
The 15th Annual Route 66 Raceway Awards Banquet was the racers moment. Please enjoy the below slideshow with captions.
1) Trophies waiting to be awarded
2) The best drag racers around!
3) Tony Lyons - NHRA North Central Division Champion - Sportsman
4) Junior Sportsman Top 5
5) Brandon Loeschen - Junior Sportsman Champion
6) Todd Trench Jr. - Junior Modified Champion
7) Junior Modified Top 5
8) Matthew Maciejewski - High School Champion
9) High School Top 5
10) Mike Olenick - Top Sportsman Champion
11) Mike Olenick - Top Sportsman Champion
12) Top Sportsman Top 5
13) Robbie Vander Woude - Rookie of the Year
14) Robbie Vander Woude - Rookie of the Year
16) Marvin Cresson Jr. - Sportsman Champion
17) Sportsman Top 10
18) Marvin Cresson Jr. - Sportsman Champion
19) Jay & Pam Allen - Couple of the Year
20) Couple of the Year
21) Bob Foster Jr. - Pro Bike Champion
22) Pro Bike Top 5
23) Michael Roppo - Pro ET Champion
24) Pro ET Top 10
25) Michael Roppo - Pro ET Champion
26)Foster Family - Family of the Year
27) Dave Ancel - Super Pro Champion
28) Super Pro Top 10
29) Al Wagner Sr. - NHRA King of the Track
30) Michael Roppo - Driver of the Year
31) Michael Roppo - Driver of the Year
32) Jack Day - Rockett Brand Racing Fuel
33) The newest class to be added to the Perpetual Gary Skiles Memorial Plaque.
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS