The Road to Indy Begins at Route 66 Raceway
With the start of the Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series on Sunday, April 28, racers begin the 2013 season with a clean slate. Most racers define personal goals for the upcoming season. Some may aim to earn their first round win or not red light in eliminations, while others strive to win their first race or contend for the track championship. As the round wins accumulate and the race season wears on, every racer has in the back of their mind - going to Indy.
A select group of Route 66 Raceway's top performers are awarded the opportunity to represent Team Route 66 Raceway at the NHRA Summit ET Finals at Indianapolis at season's end. The elite drivers who earn the privilege of going to Indy join a tight-knit fraternity with their fellow racers. Normally competitors for the duration of the season, these drivers arrive at Indy as teammates. Pitting together, eating together and winning together - Indy is about the camaraderie of your fellow home track racers.
Team Route 66 Raceway enjoyed their best showing at Indianapolis with a third place podium finish amongst over 20 other race tracks in competition. The all-Route 66 Raceway Sportsman class final round between Marvin Cresson, Jr. and 2012 Sportsman Division Champion Tony Lyons headlined what was a memorable weekend that had the whole team raving. Additionally, Route 66 Raceway drivers Dave Ancel and Bob Foster Jr. also enjoyed runner-up finishes in the Super Pro Race of Champions and Pro Bike Summit Shootout respectively over the course of the ET Finals event weekend.
This coming Sunday, April 28, every racer has an equal chance of being a member of Team Route 66 Raceway.
- Memorial Service for John C. Scannell
- THE FOUR SEASONS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING BURNDOWN AT SUNDOWN! RETURNS TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- THE O’REILLY AUTO PARTS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS RETURN TO ROUTE 66 RACEWAY IN 2014 – JUNE 26-29
- This Weekend at Route 66 Raceway: Test and Tune, Junior Drag Final and Team Demo
- Ken and Chiyo Hirata Named Honorary Legends for the Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic