Route 66 Raceway Announces Run Tuff Eliminator at Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic
Route 66 Raceway will continue to pay homage to drag racing’s “glory days” by resurrecting the legendary Run Tuff Eliminator category as part of this year’s Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic on Saturday, August 17. The Hollywood Casino Joliet Route 66 Classic is an all day, nostalgia drag racing event complete with open time trials, booked-in match races and a classic car show ‘n shine. New this year, a special Run Tuff Eliminator category will be contested. Run Tuff Eliminator was made famous at US 30 Dragstrip and Oswego Dragway. The rules for the class are as follows.
Run Tuff Eliminator
- 1979 & Older, Full Bodied Door Cars ONLY
- 8.50 – 12.50 seconds
- Pro E.T. Rules Apply – NO ELECTRONICS
The first round of eliminations is considered a Qualifying Round to determine the 16 qualifiers. The 16 winning cars closest to their dial-in during the qualifying round return for eliminations. Red light, breakout or any other DQ will disqualify the car and time from entering eliminations. Sixteen qualifiers will compete in a bracket-style eliminator.
ENTRY FEE $40 (Includes $25 Test & Tune Run Card)
As you can see, simply qualifying for the 16-car Run Tuff Eliminator field is an accomplishment in itself. To clarify, not only does a racer have to be among the 16 closest to their dial-in in the qualifying round to advance but they also must win their qualifying round without breaking out or red lighting. The 16 car Run Tuff Eliminator will be held during the evening of the Route 66 Classic amidst the primetime Funny Car, Pro Stock and Gasser match races.
For questions regarding Run Tuff Eliminator or the Route 66 Classic, call Route 66 Raceway at 815-722-5500.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts to present 2015 Test and Tunes at Route 66 Raceway
- ROUTE 66 RACEWAY ANNOUNCES FULL 2015 DRAG STRIP SCHEDULE
- Hollywood Casino Joliet To Sponsor Inaugural Snocross Event At Route 66 Raceway!
- Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- BRUCE DAMEWOOD TO REPRESENT ROUTE 66 RACEWAY AT NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP