2014 ET Bracket Winners
Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series Race 1
Joliet, Ill. – April 28, 2014
Over 200 bracket racers joined us on Sunday for our first Rockett Brand Racing Fuel ET Bracket Series race of the season! The sun played games with us all day, but we were still able to finish all five classes on an 1/8th mile format with less than a minute to spare before the rain came pouring down!
In our High School class, Ben Grant captured the win light when Ryan Thompson red-lighted in the finals. Grant knew the 20 passes he made at Test and Tune last weekend would pay off!
In Sportsman, Tony Lyons, former NHRA Division III Sportsman Summit ET Champion, also took the win light when Dan McCarrin red-lighted.
Bob Foster earned the win light in Pro Bike with a 14-thousandth package over Tom Florey.
John Haut defeated seven rounds of competition to earn the Pro ET win over Don Dumdie. Haut is no stranger to the track; he was actually our first Super Pro Track Champion, back in 1998.
Kenny King, beat Nick Mistrata in the finals of Super Pro with a .007 and a break-out from Mistrata. King was glad to start the season off right with a W after six Runner-Up finishes in 2012.
These four Summit ET class winners were all former Track Champions at Route 66 Raceway. Congratulations to the winners and everyone for a strong day of competition! See the most recent points standings here.
- Champions Crowned At A Spectacular Sunday At Route 66 Raceway
- Route 66 Raceway Produces Fastest Funny Car Field In History
- Records Scorched at K&N Filters Route 66 Raceway Friday Night On Fire
- ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS TO DISPLAY RICHARD PETTY 43 JR HISTORIC BARRACUDA IN CELEBRATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF FUNNY CAR JULY 7-10
- K&N FILTERS TO SPONSOR CHICAGO’S ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS