Following an outpour of enthusiasm displayed by Chevrolet fans in the Chicagoland area, the major automotive publisher The Super Chevy Show will bring the event to a new level at as it crosses the street from Chicagoland Speedway’s Champion’s Park to Route 66 Raceway’s drag strip on Saturday and Sunday, September 14-15. The pages of Super Chevy Magazine will come to life with the largest collection of all GM vehicles in one place ranging from classics to modern, all looking to take home the best in class award and a coveted Super Chevy Show jacket.
The event will also offer a Chevrolet-focused performance market place, manufacturer’s midway and live entertainment throughout the day with the backdrop of head-to-head GM-only racing. This show series is the premier destination for all things Chevrolet which means a minute should not be missed.
For additional information about the Super Chevy Show, visit www.superchevy.com
Super Chevy Show Pricing
|Test N Tune
Super Chevy Show Schedule
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
Manufacturers Midway Set-up & Racer Load-In 9am – 5pm
Track Secured 6pm
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH
Gates Open/Ticket Sales (Participants & Spectators) 7am – 5pm
Registration (Race/Show*/Car Corral) & Tech Inspections 8am – 5pm
Time Trials (Sunday Time Trails not guaranteed) 9am – 5pm
Car Show Judging Seminar* 10am
Saturday Car Show Registration Ends 11am
Judging ends at 4:30pm
Professional Racing Noon & 4:30pm
Car Show Saturday Special Awards* 4:30pm
Track Secured 6pm
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH
Gates Open/Ticket Sales (Participants & Spectators) 8am – 4pm
Car Show Registration* 8am – 10:30am
Car Corral Registration 8am – NOON
Race Registration/Tech Inspection (Time Trials not guaranteed) 8am – 10am
Bracket Racing Elimination Begin 9:30am
Sunday Car Show Registration Ends 11am
Professional Racing Noon & 4:30pm
Car Show Saturday Special Awards* 3pm
Track Secured 6pm
• All times subject to change due to weather. Rain or shine – no refunds!
• Sunday time trials not guaranteed due to car counts/weather. Bracket Race may be rescheduled for inclement weather.
*Held in Car Show Central Tent
|Manufacturers Midway Set-up & Racer Load-In||9am-5pm
|Gates Open/Ticket Sales (Participants & Spectators)||7am-5pm
|Registration (Race/Show*/Car Corral) & Tech Inspections||8am-5pm
|Time Trials (Sunday Time Trails not guaranteed)||9am-5pm
|Car Show Judging Seminar*||10am
|Saturday Car Show Registration Ends
|Professional Racing||Noon & 4:30pm
|Car Show Saturday Special Awards*||4:30pm
|Gates Open/Ticket Sales (Participants & Spectators)||8am-4pm
|Car Show Registration*||8am-10:30am
|Car Corral Registration||8am-Noon
|Race Registration/Tech Inspection (Time Trials not guaranteed)||8am-10am
|Bracket Racing Elimination Begin||9:30am|
|Sunday Car Show Registration Ends||11am|
||Noon & 4:30pm|
|Car Show Saturday Special Awards*||3pm
Super Chevy Show Class Information and List
Swap Meet Spaces are $50 for the weekend per 20x20’ space, purchased day of. Pricing includes one admission.
Midway Hours are as follows:
Saturday, September 14th 9am – 6pm
Sunday, September 15th – 8am – 6pm
2019 Outstanding Interior
2019 Outstanding Engine
2019 Outstanding Workmanship
2019 Outstanding Stock
2019 Outstanding Street
2019 Outstanding Modified
2019 Outstanding Detail
2019 Outstanding Paint
2019 Outstanding Engineered
2019 Young Star
2019 Club Participation (minimum 6 cars)
2019 Editor's Choice – 5 awards
2019 Gold Class Special Recognition – 6 awards
Class Awards – Outstanding & Winners in Street, Stock & Modified Categories:
Big Car 49-54
Big Car 58-89
Big Car 90 & Newer
Camaro 16 to Present
Chevelle 68 & Newer
Early Chevy 00-35
Early Chevy 36-48
Nova 68 and Newer
Pick-Up Truck 48-72
Pick-Up Truck 73-87
Pick-Up Truck 88 & Newer
Pro Street (Modified only)
Pro Engineered (Modified only)
Race Car (Modified only)
Nostalgia (Modified only)
Low Rider (Modified only)
SUV All Size
Best In Show
Best El Camino
Best Early Chevy
Best Big Car
Best Pro Street/Pro Engineered
Best Monte Carlo
Super Chevy Show Rules
2019 SUPER CHEVY SHOW CAR SHOW INSTURCTIONS AND RULES
1. After purchasing your car show judged or non-judged ticket at the gate, proceed to Car Show Central (the large tent located in the South Side Pro Pits) for registration and directions to the display area for your car. NOTE: Trailered cars must be unloaded, and trailers parked in designated area; please follow car show parkers' directions.
2. Important! Please bring your ticket with you to Car Show Central Registration.
Present your car show ticket to registration personnel; unregistered vehicles will not be judged. You will receive your participant goodie bag, dash plaque, and registration card. Please fill out the registration card legibly and completely, as all announcing, and magazine coverage is derived from what you write. Place entry portion on driver's side windshield/dashboard. Do not leave tickets on dash; please keep on your person.
3. Important--Entrants must decide AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION whether to enter the appropriate judged show class OR the non-competition "Street Cruiser" class. You cannot change classes once you sign your registration card and depart the registration area.
4. Please take a moment to review the official Car Show Guidelines posted at registration and note the general rules regarding your car display.
5. To prepare for judging, make sure hood and trunk are open as well as doors open, resting against door latches. NOTE: NO points will be awarded in these areas if the judges are unable to inspect. NO JACKSTANDS PERMITTED--vehicle must be displayed with all four tires on the ground.
6. NO 'FOR SALE" SIGNS DISPLAYED IN WINDOWS IN CAR SHOW AREA! ALLOWABLE ONLY ON SEAT OR FLOOR. No umbrellas, displays, stanchions, ropes, etc. A secured information sign, folding chairs, and small picnic table is permitted, subject to approval. Tents allowed only in area designated by officials, if space permits.
7. A colored dot placed on your headlight or windshield will be your indication that your presence on the grounds has been noted. However, a dot does not indicate final judging; judging will take place continuously throughout the weekend, and your vehicle may be inspected numerous times.
8. Be sure to listen to P.A. for any changes in scheduling or procedures.
9. All Car Show participants must have their vehicles on site no later than 11:00 a.m. Saturday or Sunday to be eligible for event awards. Any vehicle not parked in its category by 11 :30 a.m. on either day will not be judged. Neither a dot nor possession of a confirmation card (indicating pre-registration status) exempts anyone from this parking rule.
10. Please do not load or remove your vehicle prior to 4:00 p.m. or you may be disqualified. Any extenuating circumstance which might require your departure prior to awards at 4:00 p.m. (family emergency, illness, etc.) should be reported to Car Show Central prior to your departure so that you may be advised of your options, and the decision of the Car Show Director shall be final.
11. Any awards earned MUST be picked up at the event. None will be mailed! If you must leave early, you will forfeit your award. Check with Staff at Car Show Central if questions.
BE SURE TO REGISTER AT CAR SHOW CENTRAL!!
NOTE: Due to insurance regulations, no motorized vehicles (including three-or four-wheelers, pit bikes, and/or golf carts) or bicycles will be permitted in the Car Show or Midway areas except for track or show vehicles. Race Car support vehicles may move about the pits if on official race business (fuel/water runs, etc.) or when towing a race vehicle. Drivers must be at least 16 with valid driver's license. No overloading of vehicles with passengers (in most cases, one permitted). Reckless driving or driving while intoxicated will not be tolerated. Violators found operating said vehicles in any unsafe manner whatsoever by show, host track, or Jaw enforcement officials will be asked to leave the show. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Have fun and BE SAFE!
2019 SUPER CHEVY SHOW CAR SHOW CATEGORIES & SHOW OPTIONS
floating year breaks indicated by (FYB) below
BIG CAR -Includes Impala, Biscayne and Caprice -1949-54*, 1958-89*, 1990-96* (FYB)
CAMARO -1967-69, 1970-81, 1982-1992, 1993 and newer (FYB)
CHEVELLE -1964-67, 1968 & newer (FYB)
CORVETTE -1953-67, 1968-82, 1984 & newer (FYB)
CONVERSION -(1949 & newer) & STREET ROD CONVERSION (1948 & Earlier) Class includes all Non-Chevy-bodied vehicles with Chevy power (Show Option of early and late model with FYB)
EARLY Chevy-1935/earlier, 1936-48 (All vehicles)
EL CAMINO -(FYB)
1955-56-57 -(Show Options to be determined)
MONTE CARLO -1970 & newer* (FYB)
NOVA -All rear-wheel-drive Novas and Chevy Il's -1962-67*, 1968 & newer (FYB)
OPEN -All Chevys not included in a specific category (Show Options to be determined)
PRO-ENGINEERED -All Chevy vehicles that have a complete tube chassis (from the radiator to the rear bumper, round or square). Must have a physically narrowed rear end and wheel well tubs. All tube chassis drag cars and off road race vehicles will compete in this class.
PRO STREET -All Chevy vehicles with 75% of an original frame or altered original frame, having a physically narrowed rear end and EITHER wheel well tubs OR factory extended wheel housings. (Show Options to be determined).
TRUCK* -1949-72*, 73-87, 88 & newer. All two-wheel drive Chevrolet and GMC pickup trucks. (FYB)
4x4 TRUCK* -All four-wheel drive full size Chevrolet and GMC pickup trucks. (FYB)
MINI TRUCK* -All two-wheel drive mini Chevrolet and GMC pickup trucks (FYB)
4X4 MINI TRUCK* -All four-wheel drive mini Chevrolet and GMC pickup trucks (FYB)
SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE* -All two-wheel drive full size sport utility vehicles including full size vans. (FYB)
4X4 SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE* -All four-wheel drive full size sport utility vehicles including full size vans. (FYB)
MINI SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE* -All two-wheel drive mini sport utility vehicles including mini vans. (FYB)
4X4 MINI SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE* -All four-wheel drive mini sport utility vehicles including mini vans and all-wheel drive vehicles. (FYB)
STREET CRUISER Class* -Real street machines! -for STREET-DRIVEN Chevy-powered or Chevybodied street rods, street machines and pro street entries who do not wish to be judged or compete for specialty or class awards under 2019 Super Chevy Show judged guidelines. A designated parking area will be allocated for all Street Cruiser entries; participants will not be required to park by class or type of vehicle. Vehicles parked no later than 11:30am will be eligible for Street Cruiser awards chosen on appeal by sponsors and/or the editorial staff. Participants must be present and their vehicles must be on display to win. Two awards will be presented for the first 10 vehicles appearing; after 10 vehicles one award will be added for every 5 additional entries (three awards given if 15 total entries, four if 20 total entries, etc.)
GOLD Class* -All-out, extensively done show vehicles. Undercarriages will be examined to determine eligibility, and a final decision will be rendered by consensus of supervisory judging staff. Entries will be assembled on Sunday in a special, pre-determined area. Winners and runners-up will still be awarded in separate categories as appropriate, as well as separate "Best" awards including the " Gold" Award.
HOW TO CLASSIFY YOUR VEHICLE
Your car will fall into one of these categories --
The Stock Class will include vehicles that appear to be factory stock. The interior must be original or a duplicate of the original in material, style and color. Engine must be visibly stock for the vehicle's year and model. Numbers do not have to match. No tube-type headers allowed unless proved by GM Regular Production Option (RPO) paperwork. \No aftermarket parts are allowed (fuel pumps, gauges, radio, speakers, carburetors, valve covers, ignition coils, spark plug wires, distributors, bedliners, wheels or hubcaps). Judging credits will not be awarded if the fuel line, fuel filter, air cleaner or any other replacement parts are incorrect for the model/year of the vehicle. Body paint color must be a GM color for the model/year. Items not considered when classifying your vehicle for the Stock class include tires, battery and muffler. Wheels must be available for the year/model of the vehicle. All vehicles with a dealer- or factory-sold conversion will be moved to the Street or Modified class of the appropriate category, such as Choo Choo Customs, Yenko, SLP, etc.
The Street Class includes all vehicles with bolt-on aftermarket parts and accessories. The body may have (but is not limited to) bolt-on spoilers and ground effects. Paint may be colors from any manufacturer but excluding candy and metal flake. Taped or painted pinstriping and the use of vinyl graphics are allowed. Items that would constitute a change from Stock would be headers, custom exhaust, ignition wires, painted engine compartment, or the use of any bolt-on aftermarket fiberglass parts, etc. Entries in the Street Class may not have any molding of body work including the engine compartment. Minor interior changes will be allowed ( seat inserts, minor trunk or truck bed modifications, bolt-in late model seats with stock-type interior). No custom interiors (see Modified Class below). There will be no limit on the use of bright items on the engine or in the engine compartment. See notes concerning dealer- and factory-sold conversions in Stock Class above.
The following items will automatically put your vehicle in the Modified Class: Bodywork that involves any redesign of the body original lines, nosing and filling (including the engine compartment), chopping, sectioning, channeling, radius of the wheel wells, etc. Paint that is of a custom design such as shading, blending, candy, pearl, neon color usage or murals. Engine relocation and/or custom fabricated engine mounts and/or a different engine than was available with any given entry and/or a smoothed-out engine block. Any aftermarket multiple carburetor set-ups, tunnel rams, blowers, turbo chargers, or late model tuned port-type fuel injection on any other era vehicle. Interiors that are of a complete custom design. Complete interiors consist of changes to three or more of the following: seats, door panels, dramatic dash modifications, flooring, headliner, trunk or truck bed area. See notes concerning dealer- and factory-sold conversations in Stock Class above.
For additional information, please ask at Car Show Central. Good Luck and Have Fun!!
• If pre-registered, you will receive your confirmation of pre-registration no later than one week prior to the event date. This confirmation card will be exchanged at the gate for your ticket; so be sure to present it at the gate.
• Please note each participant ticket ($40 by pre-registration, $45 at the gate) admits one person and one vehicle. Adults accompanying entrant may purchase crew passes by pre-registration OR at the gate. Kids 12 & under are admitted free with a paying adult. "Junior" tickets for 13-16-year olds are also available by pre-registration or at the gate for $I0.00 each day. Please Note: we cannot offer pit parking for additional crew/guest vehicles.
• All judging of the competition classes will be done by a professional group of experienced judges with hands-on experience in all facets of show car preparation and backgrounds in paint, bodywork, and other detail work. Judges will evaluate the quality and workmanship of entries and determine how the entry rates in relation to all other competition in that category.
• The Saturday car show awards will include the Top 10 "Editor's Choice" awards - all competition classes are eligible to compete for Editor's Choice Awards as well as for eight "Specialty" awards -- Outstanding Interior, Paint, Engine, Detail, Workmanship, Achievement-Stock, Achievement-Street, and Achievement- Modified.
• Sunday awards will honor a winner and two1 runner-up in categories and appropriate "Show Options,” as well as the prestigious "Best of Show" award.
VEHICLE & DRIVER MUST STAY FOR REQUIRED PHOTOS OR RISK DISQUALIFICATION.
• IF ENTRY IS REMOVED FROM DISPLAY AREA DURING JUDGING HOURS FOR ANY REASON (i.e., photography), IT IS THE PARTICIPANT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO BE CERTAIN ENTRY IS JUDGED BY 2PM SUNDAY. NOTE: Cars appearing in a manufacturer's display area are not eligible to compete in the car show.
• WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE AWARDS -- NONE WILL BE MAILED! If you must leave early, you will forfeit your award. Vehicles need to remain on display through the awards ceremony Sunday.
• The judging staff will be available immediately after awards presentation to review your entry and point out areas needing improvement. Judging cards are not given out or mailed to competitors.
NOTE: Car clubs who wish to park as a group and forego judging must inform Route 66 Raceway two weeks in advance of the event of the number of cars which will be participating.
ABOUT OUR CAR SHOW CATEGORIES & CLASSES
In order to recognize the popularity of different models in various geographic locations, we will again offer awards in the general categories following, with Stock, Street, and Modified classes within each (where appropriate). Categories will ALWAYS be broken into Stock, Street, and Modified classes (except Conversion, Pro Street, and Pro Engineered). When the number of vehicles registered to a particular class warrants, the judges may at their option expand the awards and divide that class into a "Show Option." The basic categories are listed on the following page in bold type with "Show Options" in parentheses. We do appreciate your participation and wish to award all deserving vehicles in a fair, consistent manner.
2019 SUPER CHEVY SHOW CATEGORIES & SHOW OPTIONS (Cont'd.)
GOLD CLASS sponsored by Sears Auto Center and National Tire & Battery
This class is designed for the all-out, extensively done show vehicle. Vehicles in this class must be done completely in all areas. The undercarriage will be examined to determine if a vehicle will fit into this class. Additionally, because of the anticipated quality of the entries in this class, the undercarriage may be judged in the case of a close call between two or more competing entries. As in the other categories, the main four areas of judging will still be Body, Paint, Engine and Interior. This class will be made up of the entries from Stock, Street and Modified classes from any category.
The decision to place an entry in this class will be rendered by a consensus of the supervisory staff. The supervisor's decision is final and the entry would compete in the GOLD Class at all subsequent events attended for so long as the vehicle meets the criteria of the class.
The registration procedure for all entries remains the same. All entries will initially register to show in their normally assigned category and class. The supervisor will make the change of any entry to the Gold class on Friday, Saturday or Sunday as soon as eligibility is determined. The supervisor would then provide the vehicle owner with a new judging card and dash card when the decision has been rendered to switch the vehicle into the Gold class.
On Sunday, all entries in the Gold class will be assembled in a special, pre-determined area. This class will still have separate judging categories with winners and runners-up awarded as appropriate. All competitors in the Gold class will also compete separately within this class for certain "Best of Show-Gold Level" awards.